God is bigger than drought, famine, and storm. He sends rain and ravens to feed Elijah. Jesus stills the winds and the boat crosses safely. For moms, dads and teachers.
God is bigger than anything!
Sharing Jesus’ provision for food and care in life’s storms when your child is afraid
Read: 1 Kings 17:1-6
- Who gave Elijah the ability to stop the rain?
- When there is no rain, what happens? What is this called?
- Why did the ravens feed Elijah? (verse 4)
Read: Mark 4:35-39
- Challenge Question: Besides the fact that Jesus was on the boat, why else should they have known that they would get to the other side? (verse 35).
- Does God always keep His word?
- The ravens obeyed God. The storm obeyed God. What does this tell you about God?
- What problem do you have that God is big enough to solve?
Next – Lesson 2: What will we do?
I chose the Contemporary English Version as the default translation for Lessons from Elijah. Its easy reading and accurate translation make the CEV an ideal version for children. For more information, see A Bible for children.